Androrat is a client/server application developed in Java Android for the client side and in Java/Swing for the Server.
The name Androrat is a mix of Android and RAT (Remote Access Tool).
It has been developed in a team of 4 for a university project. It has been realised in one month. The goal of the application is to give the control of the android system remotely and retrieve informations from it.
- The android application is the client for the server which receive all the connections.
- The android application run as a service(not an activity) that is started during the boot. So the user does not need to interact with the service (Even though there is a debug activity that allow to configure the IP and the port to connect to).
- The connection to the server can be triggered by a SMS or a call (this can be configured)
By successfully running the tool one can get the following details of the victim.
- Get contacts (and all theirs informations)
- Do vibrate the phone
- Get call logs
- Open an URL in the default browser
- Get all messages
- Send a text message
- Location by GPS/Network
- Do a toast
- Monitoring received messages in live
- Streaming video (for activity based client only)
- Monitoring phone state in live (call received, call sent, call missed..)
- Stream sound from microphone (or other sources..)
- Take a picture from the camera
Software to download to start hacking with AndroRAT
You can Download the AndroRAT from here : LINK
Router Port Forwarder (If you are using a wireless router) Download it from here : LINK
Add an android device to deploy the package.
Here are Steps to follow if you are using a wireless Router
Install Router Port Forwarder in your PC.
The Software is designed to detect your Router model number and display’s it.
Now in the “Port forwarding” tab click “Add“.
- In the next window enter the name of the port as you like, leave the protocol as tcp, enter the port you would like to open (Ex. 8080,1234,4444…).
- And finally the internal ip address.
- To know your internal IP address open Start > Run, and then enterncpa.cpl, this opens active network connections.(you must be connected to the internet)
- Right click on the connected network and click status and then clickdetails.
- In the details windows check the Ipv4 address, it should be something like 192.168.XX.XX.
How to deploy a Package
- Download the AndroRAT zip and install it.
- Download a game like Temple Run or Mini Militia to which you can bind the AndroRAT to it.
- Open the extracted folder and then run the application AndroRat Binder.
- just like shown below
- Now in the Ip box enter your internal ip address which you have noted in the prerequisites.(If you don’t know your ip address read prerequisites from step 7.)
- In the second box enter the port which you have opened in port forwarder tool (only wireless router users, other can enter the port whatever they like).
- In the third box, browse and select the target application with which you would like to bind the hacking application.
- Now hit ‘Go’ and wait for the AndroRat to build the deploy apk.
- Once the process completes you will find the result application in the same AndroRat folder.
- Now Install it one any Android device and open it.(Note that the device should have an active internet connection)
Steps to control the Target Android Device:
- Once you have successfully installed the result apk that was generated by AndroRat, you can control the victim’s Android device through a well designed GUI.
- In the AndroRat folder, again open the AndroRat folder.
- In that folder you will find a java application named “AndroRat“.
- When you open it for the first time, allow the firewall exception for the application.
- Click on the Server at the top and enter the port which you have opened before.
- Now Restart the Application and the applications starts listening to the new port.
- In the App Dashboard you will find a list of devices connected to the internet.
- Double click in the device your want to access which will open a window with built in controls.
- If the application does not work and no devices are listed in the AndroRat application, try building just the Hacking application instead of binding it other application.
- For the users who are using wireless routers, port forwarding is a must.
- Before trying it on others devices try it on your own Android first.
- Turn off the Anti-virus before extracting the AndroRat zip which you have downloaded.
- If possible turn off Firewall too.
- Make sure you have a Good internet connection.