The Tor Project has officially launched the first beta version of Tor Messenger, an open source and Encrypted instant messaging client that works on top of the Tor network.
Tor Messenger is designed by keeping both simplicity and privacy in mind.
Here’s How to Install Tor Messenger in your PC:
Tor Messenger can be run on versions of Windows, Mac, or Linux PC. To do so, you simply have to follow these simple steps:
- Download Tor from here
- Drag the app to your Applications folder
- Run and launch the app (currently in beta)
- Log in to your preferred instant messaging service or services
- Once logged in, you will be able to chat securely and anonymously without any further extra hacking.
- Jabber (XMPP) chat protocol
- IRC (Internet Relay Chat)
- Facebook Chat
- Google Talk
- Desktop clients like Adium for Mac and Pidgin for Windows
Tor Messenger: Future Integration
- Sandboxing (for increased security)
- Automatic updates
- OTR for Twitter DMs
- Better support for Tor’s protocols
- Secure multi-party communication (np1sec)
- Encrypted File Transfers