A small, very fast and powerful text extractor.It can extract text from any kind of file and includes the ability to find plain ASCII text, Unicode (double byte ANSI) text and Resource strings, providing useful information for each item.
Basically, we need to extract the appropriate text that will lead us back to the hacker.
Here is how we are going to do just that.
- Download BinText and open it up
- Browse to the location for the infected file
- Wait until Bintext has fully scanned the file
- After the scan, it will provide you with all the extracted text from the given file.
- Scroll down and search for an email address (normally hackers use gmail) and password. As shown below
Once extracted, you can either deal with this situation yourself or report this account for illegal activity.