- We enabled the automatic account configuration of Icedove which discovers the correct parameters to connect to your email provider based on your email address. We improved it to rely only on secure protocol and we are working on sharing these improvements with Mozilla so that users of Thunderbird outside Tails can benefit from them as well.
Upgrades and changes
- Update Tor Browser to 6.0.1, based on Firefox 45.
- Remove the preconfigured
#tailsIRC channel. Join us on XMPP instead!
- Always display minimize and maximize buttons in titlebars. (#11270)
- Remove GNOME Tweak Tool and hledger. You can add them back using the Additional software packages persistence feature.
- Use secure HKPS OpenPGP key server in Enigmail.
- Harden our firewall by rejecting
RELATEDpackets and restricting Tor to only send
- Harden our kernel by:
- Update the DRM and Mesa graphical libraries. This should fix recent problems with starting Tails on some hardware. (#11303)
- Some printers that stopped working in Tails 2.0 should work again. (#10965)
- Enable Packetization Layer Path MTU Discovery for IPv4. This should make the connections to
obfs4Tor bridges more reliable. (#9268)
- Remove our custom ciphers and MACs settings for SSH. This should fix connectivity issues with other distributions such as OpenBSD. (##7315)
- Fix the translations of Tails Upgrader. (#10221)
- Fix displaying the details of a circuit in Onion Circuits when using Tor bridges. (#11195)
- The automatic account configuration of Icedove freezes when connecting to some email providers. (#11486)
- In some cases sending an email with Icedove results in the error: “The message could not be sent using Outgoing server (SMTP) mail.riseup.net for an unknown reason.” When this happens, simply click “Ok” and try again and it should work. (#10933)
- The update of the Mesa graphical library introduce new problems at least on AMD HD 7770 and nVidia GT 930M.