- An Arduino that supports keyboard emulation
- Python 2.7 (Python 3 version is coming)
- Arduino IDE: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
- NicoHood’s HID: https://github.com/NicoHood/HID/ (This can be installed straight from the Arduino IDE from the menu: Sketch->.Include Library->manage Libraries and search for “HID-Project”)
- start by launching OverThruster.py
- Select the target’s OS
- Select the specific payload
- Fill in the required settings
- Generate the .ino file
- Open the .ino file in the Arduino IDE
- Flash the sketch to your Arduino device
- After flashing the payload, the Arduino IDE will disconnect the Arduino, then it will automatically reconnect, and deliver the payload. Be ready for characters to suddenly be typed to the screen; I recommend having notepad or similar open and focused when you flash the sketch
- OverThruster currently drops the .ino file and the Metasploit .rc file in the working directory, so look for them there.
- For the UAC Bypass techniques, timing is key. Older devices will open the Terminal with Admin rights at a slower speed, and therefore you may need to adjust the delay() in the BypassUAC functions in the sketch
- This is just the beginning. Many more payloads, features, options and additions are coming.
- Please contribute if you have something to add.