- Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi Radio Hack Box shield (a LCD, some LEDs, and some buttons)
- nRF24LU1+ USB radio dongle with flashed nrf-research-firmware by the Bastille Threat Research Team, e. g.
- Bitcraze CrazyRadio PA USB dongle
- Logitech Unifying dongle (model C-U0007, Nordic Semiconductor based)
For automatically starting the Radio Hack Box process on the Raspberry Pi after a reboot, either use the provided init.d script or the following crontab entry:
@reboot python2 /home/pi/radiohackbox/radiohackbox.py &
The Radio Hack Box currently has four simple push buttons for
- start/stop recording
- start playback (replay attack)
- start attack (keystroke injection attack)
- start scanning
A graceful shutdown of the Radio Hack Box without corrupting the file system can be performed by pressing the SCAN button directly followed by the RECORD button.
A demo video illustrating replay and keystroke injection attacks against an AES encrypted wireless keyboard using the SySS Radio Hack Box a.k.a. Cherry Picker is available on YouTube:
Pi Radio Hack Box Shield
The hand-crafted Pi shield simply consists of an LCD, some LEDs, some buttons, resistors, and wires soldered to a perfboard.