Davoset is command line tool for conducting DDoS attacks on the sites via Abuse of Functionality and XML External Entities vulnerabilities at other sites.
Sites that allow requests to other web sites (to arbitrary web pages) have Abuse of Functionality vulnerability and can be used to carry out CSRF attacks on other sites. Including DoS attacks via Abuse of Functionality, as noted above. CSRF attacks can only be done on pages that do not require authorization.
For these attacks, you can use both Abuse of Functionality vulnerabilities (similar to those in this article) and Remote File Include vulnerabilities (as in PHP applications) – this is Abuse of Functionality via RFI.
This attack method may be needed when it is necessary to conduct a covert CSRF attack on another site (not to be lit), for DoS and DDoS attacks, and for other attacks, in particular to perform various actions that must be performed from different IPs. For example, on-line voting, for scrolling on meter clicks and impressions on the site, as well as for click fraud.
Abuse of Functionality:
Attack occurs when one site (http: // site) hits another (http: // another_site) when using the appropriate site functionality (http: // site / script).
Advantages of this method of attacks.
This method, which uses external sites to attack other sites, has the following advantages (compared to using your own computer):
- Use of resources of other servers.
- Hide the referee (compared to CSRF attacks through site users).
- Hiding your own IP, which, in addition to concealing the source of the attack, can also be used to circumvent IP restrictions.
- Conducting DoS attacks on other sites, using external server servers.
- Conducting DDoS attacks on other sites, using external server servers.
Also, when conducting DoS attacks, you can use several such servers at once, and thus conduct a DDoS attack. In this case, these servers will act as zombie computers. That is, the botnet will be made not from home computers, but from web servers (which can have more power and faster communication channels). Therefore, these vulnerabilities can lead to the emergence of a new class of botnets (with zombie servers).
Examples of vulnerable web sites and Web services.
To perform CSRF attacks on other sites, you can use various services:
2. Anonymizers, such as anonymouse.org .
4. Services for downloading video from video hosting, such as keepvid.com .
5. Web Firebook application on all sites that use it (but need to have access to the admin or CSRF attack on the site admin).
7. iGoogle Functionality: