Fortify your network and avert digital catastrophe with proven strategies from a team of security experts.
Completely updated and featuring 12 new chapters, Gray Hat Hacking: The Ethical Hacker’s Handbook, Fourth Edition explains the enemy’s current weapons, skills, and tactics and offers field-tested remedies, case studies, and ready-to-deploy testing labs.
Find out how hackers gain access, overtake network devices, script and inject malicious code, and plunder Web applications and browsers. Android-based exploits, reverse engineering techniques, and cyber law are thoroughly covered in this state-of-the-art resource.
- Build and launch spoofing exploits with Ettercap and Evilgrade
- Induce error conditions and crash software using fuzzers
- Hack Cisco routers, switches, and network hardware
- Use advanced reverse engineering to exploit Windows and Linux software
- Bypass Windows Access Control and memory protection schemes
- Scan for flaws in Web applications using Fiddler and the x5 plugin
- Learn the use-after-free technique used in recent zero days
- Bypass Web authentication via MySQL type conversion and MD5 injection attacks
- Inject your shellcode into a browser’s memory using the latest Heap Spray techniques
- Hijack Web browsers with Metasploit and the BeEF Injection Framework
- Neutralize ransomware before it takes control of your desktop
- Dissect Android malware with JEB and DAD decompilers
- Find one-day vulnerabilities with binary diffing