PeekABoo tool can be used during internal penetration testing when a user needs to enable Remote Desktop on the targeted machine. It uses PowerShell remoting to perform this task.
Enabling remote desktop service on a targeted machine by pressing
Successfully enabled remote desktop service on a targeted machine:
How to install?
- git clone https://github.com/Viralmaniar/PeekABoo.git - cd PeekABoo - python peekaboo.py
How do I use this?
- Press 1: This will set the PowerShell to unrestricted mode.
- Press 2: It enables the
Remote Desktopon the targeted machine and shows the RDP port (3389) status.
- Press 3: It disables the
Remote Desktopon the targeted machine.
- Press 4: To exit from the program.
My Windows machine does not have Python installed, what should I do?
- Download an exe from the release section of the Github along with PowerShell files available here or do it on your own using PyInstaller after reviewing the source code.
peekaboo.pyinto an executable using Pyinstaller
- PyInstaller is available on PyPI. You can install it through pip:
pip install pyinstaller