An advanced cybersecurity platform to stop Malware, Ransomware, detect cyber attacks and more…
Cyber attacks are on the raise and the cyber criminals are continuously improving their tactics and developing new tools and Malware to achieve their goals of breaching their targets, spying, stealing valuable data and cause destructive damage to assets. In recent years a new business model has become popular among cyber criminals: the use of Ransomware to encrypt personal or company data and ask for a ransom to unlock it.
These attacks are currently also targeting the Internet of Things (IoT) devices since many of them are vulnerable by design and criminals can leverage them to compromise other devices in their target network or launch DDoS attacks towards other targets. Traditionally securing a network against such attacks has been an expensive activity which could be afforded just by medium to large companies. With Falcongate we’re aiming to change this and bring “out of the box” security for free to common people, small businesses and anyone else in need.
Falcongate is an open source platform which can protect your home devices against hackers, Malware like Ransomeware and other threats. It detects and alerts on hacker intrusions on your home network as well as other devices misbehaving and attacking targets within your network or in the Internet.
Currently Falcongate is able to:
- Block several types of Malware based on our free Threat Intelligence feeds
- Block Malware using the Tor network
- Detect and report potential Malware DNS requests based on VirusTotal reports
- Detect and report the presence of Malware executables and other components based on VirusTotal reports
- Detect and report Domain Generation Algorithm (DGA) Malware patterns
- Detect and report on Malware spamming activity
- Detect and report suspicious port scan and tracerouting activity on the network
- Report details of all new devices connected to the network
- Block ads based on open source lists
- Monitor a custom list of personal or family accounts used in online services for public reports of hacking
- Encrypt the DNS traffic to protect all devices against DNS spoofing and stop your ISP or attackers from spying on DNS requests (see https://dnscrypt.org/)
- Discover and report open ports on your home devices
- Detect and alert on active default vendor accounts in all devices in your home network
- Protocols currently supported:
- Protocols currently supported:
Falcongate was built on top of other open source software so it has multiple dependencies which must be configured correctly for it to work.
Supported Operating Systems
Currently Falcongate fully supports only Ubuntu 18.04
Falcongate has a number of software dependencies:
- Python 3.6.8
The devices’s malware detection can be enhanced with the utilization of VirusTotal’s personal free API
Currently Falcongate uses have i been pwned public API to detect whether credentials and/or other data from personal accounts have been stolen by hackers from third party sites.
This version of the platform has several major differences from previous versions. These changes were motivated by two main factors:
- Upgrade the platform to support robust hardware with enough resources (physical or virtual)
- Reduce operating costs from cloud hosting, etc
- Support for Python 3.6.8
- Full support for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- IP address and domain blacklists provided without API subscription
- Easy install scripts
- Router configuration
- Stopped support for Raspberry Pi devices (not powerful enough)
- Removed the need for API subscription
- No data processing in the Falcongate cloud to avoid potential GDPR issues, etc
- Removed all alerting options except Gmail
You can read more and download Falcongate here – https://github.com/A3sal0n/FalconGate