Extract WhatsApp private key from any Android device (Android 7+ supported). This tool spawns a clean Android 6 emulator and attempts to register with your number to extract msgstore private key.
NOTE: This tool is in beta stage and might not be stable. You’re more than welcome to improve this software by submitting a PR or an issue!
SUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEMS
- Mac OSX
You want to decrypt and/or extract msgstore.db database from your Android device.
- Install SDK with –install-sdk flag
- Attach Android device to a USB port and launch WhatsDump
- Wait for the script to quickly register your phone number on emulator
- Wait for SMS or CALL with confirmation code
- Input 6-digit confirmation code
- A private key is extracted in output/ directory
- Java JDK must be installed (JAVA_HOME environment variable must be set)
- Hardware acceleration must be enabled to run Emulator without issues
- SIM card associated with msgstore.db to receive WhatsApp confirmation PIN (SMS or CALL)
- Install all the Python library dependencies by running the following command: pip install -r requirements.txt
|–wa-phone||Required||WhatsApp phone number associated with msgstore database|
from which you will receive verification SMS (with a prefix, ex. +393387182291
|–wa-verify||Required||Phone verification method to use (SMS or CALL)|
|–install-sdk||Optional||Installs Android SDK on android-sdk/ directory. This is mandatory to run WhatsDump|
|–msgstore||Optional||Location of msgstore database to decrypt (or plugin device to USB port)|
|–verbose||Optional||Show verbose (debug) output|
|–show-emulator||Optional||Show emulator screen (by default headless)|
|–no-accel||Optional||Disable hardware acceleration (very slow emulator)|
PLUGGED IN PHONE
python whatsdump.py –wa-phone +15417543010 –wa-verify sms
python whatsdump.py –msgstore /path/to/msgstore.db –wa-phone +15417543010 –wa-verify sms
The post WhatsDump: Extract WhatsApp private key from any non-rooted Android device appeared first on Penetration Testing.