On October 16, 2020, SonicWALL officially released
a risk notice for SonicOS. The vulnerability level is critical. The vulnerability score is 9.4. There is a buffer overflow vulnerability (CVE-2020-5135) in SonicOS. Remote attackers can use this vulnerability to send malicious requests to the firewall, eventually leading to a denial of service (DoS) attack and potentially executing arbitrary code.
- SonicOS 188.8.131.52-79n and earlier
- SonicOS 184.108.40.206-4n and earlier
- SonicOS 220.127.116.11-93o and earlier
- SonicOSv 18.104.22.168-44v-21-794 and earlier
- SonicOS 22.214.171.124-1
- SonicOS 126.96.36.199-83n
- SonicOS 188.8.131.52-1n
- SonicOS 184.108.40.206-94o
- SonicOS 6.5.4.v-21s-987
- Gen 7 220.127.116.11-2 and onwards
In this regard, we recommend that users upgrade Sonic OS to the latest version in time.
The post CVE-2020-5135: SonicOS Buffer Overflow Vulnerability Alert appeared first on InfoTech News.